The above terms are defined as follows:
- Sexual orientation means actual or perceived male or female homosexuality, heterosexual, or bisexuality;
(1) by practice between lawfully consenting adults; or
(2) by inclination.
- Family responsibilities means the state of being financially or legally responsible for the support or care of a person or persons, regardless of the number of dependent persons or the age of any dependent person
Genetic status includes discrimination based on (1) genetic information; or (2) the actual or perceived genetic condition of an employee or the employee's relative.
- Genetic information means information regarding an employee's (or an employee's relatives): (1) actual or perceived genetic condition; (2) request for or receipt of any test that can detect, indicate, or analyze a genetic condition; or (3) medical history, if the information otherwise satisfies either paragraph (1) or (2).
- Genetic condition includes the presence of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), ribonucleic acid (RNA), chromosomes, proteins, or certain metabolites that indicate or confirm that an individual has a mutation or other genotype associated with a disease or disability.